Jordan F. Karp, MD is Professor of Psychiatry, Anesthesiology, and Clinical and Translational Science, and Director of Student Mental Health Services for the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (UPSoM). He is board certified in geriatric psychiatry, and Director of the UPMC Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry. His research focuses on improving outcomes for older adults with treatment resistant depression using pragmatic and translational clinical trials. He has published over 100 peer reviewed articles, the majority about late-life depression, and has been continuously funded by NIH, PCORI, the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation, and American Foundation for Suicide Prevention for the past 13 years. Dr. Karp was recently funded to test a screening and consultation program for rural older adults in pharmacies who are living with depression and pain. Dr. Karp is a Section Editor for Geriatric Psychiatry for the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry and Assistant Editor for the American Journal for Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Professor of Psychiatry, Anesthesiology, and Clinical and Translational Science, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, PA
- Director, UPMC Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry
Education & Training
- MD, 1998, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Psychiatry Residency, 2002, Columbia Presbyterian/New York State Psychiatric Institute
- Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship, 2003, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center